12.22.2007

Merry Christmas.... Still No Coach!!!! pt 1













Oh crap.. we still have no coach.. But that's a story for another day...

This morning, had a great brunch with Susan's parents.... The Queen B even dropped by.... breakfast casserole, macadamia nut french toast, pomegranate mimosa's, pumpkin pancakes... Delicious...
I'm stuffed and am having to go eat Mexican later this eve.....
Mexican's good though.
But anyway, many of you (or the few the proud and the bored) may have gotten your Christmas cards and wondering what that crappy CD is... Well I'm here to tell ya...
2007 The Mellow Years....
I Give it that name as I'm gettin' old... my tastes in music either default to 1980 or I pick up something new and just don't like it... But this is a taste of what I picked up this year....
The CD starts of with these men who've been residing in the "Where Are They Now File" the scorps... This is "HOUR I" off of "Humanity Hour I". This CD is actually pretty good... I wouldn't be too scared to pick it up if you like the scorps... It's not Cheesy other than their pictures of 50year old men trying to look cool. Reminds me when I take off my shirt.....


The Next song is DEATHSTAR by Sevendust... This song is one of the few that will satisfy the Hard and Heavy crowd... Comes off the album Alpha, released back in the spring I think. It's good, but typical Sevendust, as the shit just runs together. (Remember I'm an old codger reviewing new music).


Velvet Revolver and "GET OUT THE DOOR" - brings you to the days of when you picked up that ugly chick and wanted her out of the room before your roommate buddies woke up. This as a good rocker - sounds like you should enjoy this band as it looks like Scott Wieland is facing about a year in jail after his last encounter.


FAR CRY - RUSH - is there a drummer out there that doesn't like Neil Peart (spelling) This is the best Rush Album I've listened to in years.... If your a Rush fan and have given up on them pick this disc up - It rocks. "Snakes & Arrows".


TESLA - "I've Got A Feeling" - Disc: "Reel to Real" - pretty good from another band from yesteryear. Cover's disc seems to be what everyone want's to put out these days. I'm not even going to bother looking up the cover for it.
That's followed by Hillary Clinton's wet dream - Terrible Ted Nugent - the man the myth the legend - and by all accounts he'll be glad to tell you how great he is. I don't know what to say about this disc... it mostly sucks.. songs like "Funk U", "Spirit of the Buffalo", "Bridge over troubled Daughters"..... "Love Grenade" is by far the best song, the album is way better than craveman, but it won't be album of the year by any means. If you're a Ted fan, check it out. it's fun, nothing more.

Ok well on that note I have to run..... I'm late for dinner.... I'll finish this tomorrow or the next day...
so long....
PITT Sucks, but Rich Rod swallows...












1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the Christmas card! We got it in the mail today, and actually listened to a bit of the disc whilst driving around Morgantown wrapping up shopping.

We appreciate the invite to the Open House, but with it being on Sunday we won't be able to make it. Hope to see you soon and thanks again! Merry Christmas to you & yours. Dokken Rulz.